Wednesday, March 3, 2010

one year later...

Happy First Birthday Jenna & Bree!

How do you go from this...


to this...


and this?

All in the space of one year. 365 days. 52 weeks.
That was the fastest (and likely the busiest) year of my life! I cannot believe that Bree and Jenna are one year old today. Crazy!
As I was decorating last night and putting the finishing touches on their gifts, I caught myself thinking back to the events that have gone on in the past year. From bringing these ladies home, countless feedings and diaper changes - half of which I don't remember - listing and selling our house, moving, a bit of camping, numerous doctor's appointments (that's what happens with twins), Aidan starting kindergarten....and the list I'm sure could go on and on....I honestly wonder how on earth we survived! Maybe Brent and I should be the ones celebrating surviving the past year! At any rate, we made it. And we have two amazing little ladies to show for it. Their personalities, although very different - fabulous. Their senses of humour - oustanding. Their ability to make us laugh and cry in the space of one minute - uncanning! So needless to say we are one very lucky family to have been blessed with these bundles of joy. Aidan and Maelle welcomed them into the family from day one, and that bond between these kids grows stronger everyday and for that alone I am so thankful. I cannot wait to see how this next year develops as Bree and Jenna continue to grow, and work towards those first few steps and first few words. Bree has already taken about 3 steps on her own so now it's just a matter of time.
So happy birthday sweet girls. Thank you for bringing this family so much joy and happiness. We love you so much!







Oh....not to worry. I will have cake pictures on the weekend as we have a big birthday dinner planned for Sunday. Auntie Ky and Uncle Lindsay will be joining in the festivities as well!

No comments: