"Hip-hip-hooray!"
"Hip-hip-hooray!"
"Hip-hip-hooray!"
That was Maelle's little cheer today as she embarked on her very first day of pre-school. She has been looking forward to this day for well, quite some time now. I think it goes back to the day when we first registered her...back in the spring! Although today was a half day - only an hour - it was fun to see little Maelle all grown up. She finally got to experience all the things that Aidan had been telling her about - criss-cross applesauce, carpet time, clean-up time, story time, and most importantly - according to Aidan anyway - snack time! Maelle was definitely in her own element today as she joined her soon to be friends playing games, playing in the kitchen, playing cars, and doing crafts. Even though I was allowed to stay for today (you know, just incase) I was told that on Friday she would be fine without me. My goodness. Fine without me. Our little Maelle just grew up right before our eyes.
So, even though our morning tea just won't be the same for those three days a week, I must admit that it was very rewarding to see just how much Maelle was excited about going to school. I was one proud mama for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment