Saturday, September 11, 2010

jumping up Jumpingpound

Oh that cool crisp and yes snowy mountain air! Love it! All these elements worked their magic to set the stage for a fantastic hike up to Jumpingpound Summit today. Although the start of the hike was in a bit of a rain shower, it let up eventually and we had a fabulous time outside enjoying the peaks all day. I wasn't sure about doing this trail with the kids (especially Maelle) but once again they proved me wrong. So wrong. They enjoyed every moment. Especially when that white stuff (yay!) lead to some snowball tossing and stick poking to test the depths of the fresh snow that blanketed the side of the trail. I think I may have burst into a few Christmas carols but that's expected of my crazy self as everyone knows how much I love the snow! Silly, I know. But that's just me!



Almost to the top! I still cannot believe how well these kids did!
Ahhh....finally! The lunch spot. And with a view like this to enjoy, I'd say all the hiking up those rocky-rooted-and muddy switch backs was totally worth it. Agreed?


Just us. All quiet. Belly's full. Admiring the view, which never gets old.


With another fantastic hike under our belts, and a great day in the mountains, we headed for home and a quick hot chocolate stop at the Cinnamon Spoon in Bragg Creek. Afterall, you can't spend a day hiking in the mountains without a tasty treat!

No comments: