Saturday, January 2, 2010

we can have lots of good fun that is funny!

Happy New Year everyone!
The title of this post was the theme of our family's New Year's celebrations this year. We were joined by Auntie Kylie and Uncle Lindsay for the festivities so you can only imagine the antics that went on for most of the evening. There was food (and lots of it!), there was dress up, and then there was "the game". This year's game was all for the kids, yet the adults were the one's that had the most fun I think. The name of the game..."The Cat In The Hat"! And yes...as the book goes, we did a lot of balancing, a lot of wobbling, a lot of crawling, and we had a lot of laughter!

Uncle Lindsay got things started off after he was dressed up by Aidan and Maelle.


Bree celebrated an early New Year in Maelle's new fairy attire. (Thanks Auntie Kylie for snapping this pic!)


Auntie Kylie was jumping 3 times with a book under her chin!


Brent skipped around the Trick-a-ma-stick with the rake balancing between his elbows.


Grandpa Werkman spun in 3 circles with a boat on his belly. (Both Grandma and Grandpa were such great sports! They were the only ones who ended up with the craziest challenges!)
Aidan skipped around the Trick-a-ma-stick with the rake between his elbows.

Now...I had a tonne of other pictures of everyone having a go with the game however...they all ended up being a little blurry as I was laughing way too hard when I took them!
We had a fabulous New Year's Eve, and even though we were all in bed well before midnight, we celebrated in style...surrounded by family and having an absolute blast to ring in the new year. This year for me is all about family. We have a tonne of things on our goal list for this up and coming new year and I am looking forward to every single one of them. We have some fantastic camping adventures in the works, some new outdoor pursuits for everyone, lots of new activities to try out (especially for Aidan and Maelle), but the most important thing is we will be doing it all together as a family. I have a feeling that this is going to be one exciting year!

No comments: