Monday, January 18, 2010

olympic fever!

Holy cow! What a day! Or should I say...what a lucky day!
As many of you know, the Olympic Torch is making its way across the country and the Olympic games are not very far away now! (Can't wait!) Anyhow, the torch arrived in Calgary today, but before it got here, it went south of us to a little town called Okotoks. I have a very good friend that lives in Okotoks (The Thomas') and so we made the trip down to see the torch with them this afternoon.
And boy oh boy did we see the torch!

The torch bearer was right where we were standing and the exchange point took place right in front of us! How awesome is that?

Wait it gets better...
Not only did we get to see the torch....but we got our picture with it too! What are the chances?
I think that the kids were excited, but I don't think that they understood the total impact of today's event, and how it may have been a once in a lifetime opportunity. Wow!
Aidan is currently learning about the Olympics at school, and boy is he going to have a good story to share tomorrow morning!
Go Canada!!!

No comments: