Yes!! A great summer day! Hot weather, swimming, and popsicles!
We had a great start to today....finally took Dakota (who is doing much better) on a walk, and it just so happened to be "The Parade of Garage Sales" today for our neighborhood. How convenient! The kids scored huge as Aidan tracked down a large Tonka dump truck, and decided that Maelle should have it because she didn't have one of her very own. How sweet! Well...with the dump truck, he also found a bulldozer and a digger that couldn't be left behind. So as Aidan filled the stroller with his findings and a few others that the nice lady who was having the sale happened to "throw in" for nothing, I managed to hunt down a bunch of great art supplies and drawing books that will make their way into the trailer art box that will hopefully provide hours of enjoyment on our upcoming trips. I can't wait to play with these supplies let alone enjoy them with the kids! I think Aidan has found a liking for this garage sale thing as he had everyone in stitches as he searched through everything on this family's front lawn!
The afternoon was spent lounging by the kiddie pool, relaxing in the hammock, and enjoying some yummy frozen treats! Here are a few pics of the summertime activities!
Oh...and because I forgot to post this the other day, here is a shot of the sun catcher that Aidan made for the backyard that now hangs proudly in the tree above the sandbox.
Phew...what a day! I love a good summer day that we can just spend hanging out. The kids were so tired, and went to bed a little earlier tonight as a result of so much fresh air. Looks like it's going to be another hot one tomorrow, so hopefully we'll have another day of the same!
No comments:
Post a Comment