I think the easiest way to document our vacation is with three separate posts, that way I can give you all a quick summary of what we did and then just a bunch of pics. Honestly I could go on and on about this whole trip and make this one HUGE post, but instead I think a quick summary of the highlights may work the best...both for you and for me! Now...I just want to get one thing straight first. This may look and sound like a dream vacation, and it was to many extents, but it was also filled with many, many bumps and stresses along the way. We had issues with the truck and at times thought we could be stranded on the side of any remote highway, we had lots of scraped knees and wipe outs, lots of whining and arguing and time outs, quite a few late bedtimes due to warm temperatures and kids being very over tired on travel days, and there were many moments that Brent and I questioned our sanity as to why we did the trip. With that out in the open, you can see it wasn't all fun and games. However, over the last few days as I have been going through the hundreds of pics that were taken, those moments of frustration are dwindling away and being replaced by so many amazing memories that make me so glad that we did this trip. It gives truth to the old expression that pictures are worth a thousand words! I am sure the pics below will justify this!
In order to be brief, I have decided to just list all of our highlights from the first 10 days at Miracle Beach, followed by a whole lot of pics! Enjoy!
Highlights:
-the discovery of shells and sea life for everyone, especially Bree & Jenna
-packing up the stroller and heading off to the beach almost every day when the tide went out
-making warm bannock bread served with cinnamon sugar or jam
-picnicking harbour front in Campbell River with Dick's Fish and Chips while watching BC Ferry Boats
-heading to the outdoor amphitheatre every night for a presentation or a movie...awesome!
-hiking in the fern forests
-Aidan and Maelle scootering everywhere they possibly could
-morning yoga on the beach....this was mom's favourite!
-Aidan and Maelle taking part in Jerry's Ranger's programs, earning their stickers to become a Ranger
-mini golf
-picking huckleberries and salmon berries with some newly made friends on the campground
-Brent and Aidan getting a huge opportunity to attend an astronomy night
-making drip castles on the beach
-beachcombing everyday
-Bree and Jenna chasing and trying to touch the hermit crabs
-campfire s'mores and "spider dogs"
Our ride to the Island arrives! This was one of Aidan's highlights by far.
...and then watching as the tide slowly creeps in and swallows up all of our hard work.
Bree liked the seaweed....Jenna, not so much!
Phew....I think that just about covers Miracle Beach! I love that place. It was definitley my favourite place out of our whole trip. I loved the freedom that it gave the kids to just run and explore, I loved the people that we met both on the beach and in the campground, I loved all the things that you could do each day and how every day there was something different, but most of all I loved sharing this place with family.
Next up....Tofino!
No comments:
Post a Comment