Monday, August 3, 2009

water, water, everywhere

It was the biggest water battle of the summer. And when I say big....I mean BIG! Everyone got involved Saturday afternoon as the mercury hit a whopping 32 degrees! Quite warm for us out west folks! But...there was no better way to cool off than to have the ultimate summer water fight. Auntie Ky and Uncle Lindsay showed up armed with their own water guns and they came equipped with about 150 water balloons just waiting to be filled with water. And oh were they filled! I wish that someone could have told me how much it hurts getting hit by one of those babies. Kylie and I both fell victim to an unexpected ambush by this man...


...the master himself was out and he took no mercy.


I think I ended up being the target for everyone this time because I was completely soaked in under 5 minutes. I should also mention that I somehow ended up with the water gun that leaked and had no pressure. How can I get anyone when my gun only could shoot about 3 feet of water?

Maelle contemplating her next move very carefully. She may look cute, but she is sneaky. Oh so sneaky!


Then came the free for all! I think Uncle Lindsay took the brunt here.


Ah yes. Never has there been such a fine water fight. Everyone was soaked but we all ended up in good spirits. A great way to spend a hot afternoon, and then follow it up with an amazing bbq. Here's to fantastic summer livin'!

No comments: