Friday, July 3, 2009

potty training 101

What do Strawberry Shortcake, Barbie, and colourful fish all have in common?

Yep....all of Maelle's big girl underwear. We have once again entered into the world of potty training. So far it has been 3 days, and we have had both successes and accidents. I think Maelle is going to be a little trickier to train than Aidan. But...so far it has been quite humorous to say the least. Here are a few "Maelleism's" that have had us all in stitches and I needed to get them recorded somewhere so I can look back on this one day for a good laugh. And then I figured rather than write these in her memory book, I thought that you all would enjoy a good chuckle...so here goes:
-when Maelle sits on the toilet she sings the ABC's, Itsy Bitsy Spider, or a song she made up called "I love hot dogs"
-she can look through her book about going to the potty and tell us exactly what is happening on each page
-she insists that her miniature Upsy Daisy sits with her on the toilet so that Upsy Daisy can hear her "tinkle" or "plop"
-if you ask Maelle if she needs to go to the bathroom she'll respond with arms folded across her chest, a foot stomp, and a "not yet"
-after a successful trip to the washroom, Maelle follows up her business with an "ahhhh....that's better" or "that was a big one"
-when Maelle has an accident (thankfully these have all been outside) she claims that she has "peed on her body" and "needs new shoes"
-perhaps the best moments though....when she is successful, she runs around clapping, dancing, and yelling "I did it Aidan" Very cute indeed.
Who knew potty training could be so entertaining?

No comments: