Saturday, July 25, 2009

a nature walk....& ride

There is nothing I love more than spending time outside. And today was no exception. I loaded up Aidan and Maelle and we spent a good part of the morning at one of our most favourite spots....creekside at Fish Creek Park. This time however was a little different. Instead of all of us hiking, we decided that Aidan could ride his bike along the trails. Needless to say he was thrilled! He did awesome! All he kept saying was "I am so ready to mountain bike now!" That's my boy!
A great place to cool off and have a snack.
(Oh...and of course throw a few rocks!)
This was Aidan's idea for a photo op!
Stopping to have a closer look at some wildflowers.
I love how interested these kids are in the great outdoors! They are starting to ask more questions and actually will stop and examine things in more detail rather than just let things pass by and go unnoticed. I am so thankful that we live in a place where there is so much nature right at our doorstep. I also love that as the seasons change there is always something new just waiting to be discovered.
Here's to a fun weekend...outside!!
Oh...yes we are managing to get packing done. We are making good progress and actually have concluded that Brent and I get twice as much done after the kids go to bed than trying to pack when they are up. Just the other day I realized that a few of my playroom boxes had been unpacked the day after I packed them up. Perhaps this area will be the last one to do! That...or I need stronger tape!!

No comments: