Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a hike & a harvest

Oh how I love fall!!!
It definitely has that fall feeling in the air today, despite our warm temperatures of course. The leaves are turning that gorgeous, vibrant yellow, and are starting to litter the ground with all of that lovely leafy crunchiness. I couldn't help but smile today knowing that those first few snowflakes are just around the corner, and that cooler air is getting ready to bite. Ok...I may be the only one that's excited, but this is one of my favourite times of year. I would put up my Halloween decorations right now if it wasn't just a tad early....so I settled for my scarecrow instead. Anyways...we had a lovely day today. I started out the day with a little morning hike around Fish Creek Park with Aidan and Maelle, and we ended with a bit of a harvesting of sorts from our garden. Here are a few pics from our lovely fall day!
Let the hiking begin!

No hike would be complete without a little rock tossing.

Trying to catch those falling leaves.


Working on the harvest. Ok...I know the carrots are just a wee bit tiny, but the kids were so anxious to see what was under all that dirt!


Today's bounty! Check out those potatoes!

No comments: