Anyways....Brent and I had so much fun on our travels. The first half of the trip was spent in and around London seeing the sights and a theatre show (we saw "Wicked"....amazing!), and the second half was spent in Tallin with a day in Helsinki. The old town of Tallin was definitely a favourite and I took well over 150 pictures to prove it! It was the kind of place where you could just wander aimlessly and enjoy what this small town had to offer. And the best part...every morning we could open our apartment windows and hear the church bells ringing out over the town! So amazing!
Here are just a few pictures to highlight our time in Tallin and our short visit to Helsinki.
A typical cobble stone street, lined with artisan shops and cafe's.
Here we are in the "Raekoja Plats" (market square).
Enjoying the warm sun at one of the many cafe's in the old town. This place made the best and the strongest mochachino's I have ever had.
Tourists in Helsinki, Finland. Helsinki was only a 1 hour and 30 minute ferry ride from Tallin.
Our last night's dinner at "Olde Hansa" an amazing and authentic Medieval restaurant. Kylie and I enjoyed a cinnamon beer! They also sold amazing pottery at their shop...and yes, in keeping with my responsibility to always buy pottery wherever I travel too, I did make a few purchases! Ok....I went back numerous times to this store and each time came away with something. Sheesh. How could I say "no"?
A Medieval cart full of spices and candied almonds, just outside of Olde Hansa. The smell from these warm almonds was incredible! The almonds were mixed with a combination of 10 different spices in a cast iron pot over hot coals.
Down a little side alley off one of the main streets we found more art studios tucked away behind little wooden doors. Such a fun surprise and worth exploring every nook and cranny!
So, as you can see, we thoroughly enjoyed Tallin and I wish I could post every picture that I took. Everything about this place was magical, and I hope that it stays off the tourist map for a while so it can maintain it's delightful charm.
Even though Brent and I had a wonderful time away, it was nice to return home and see Aidan and Maelle and of course Dakota, and to get back into our normal day to day routine. Now, I just need to figure out what pictures to print and get enlarged....how can you pick just a few from the hundred or so pictures that I took? And that's just of Tallin.....what about the hundred pictures from London?
I might need a bigger house!
No comments:
Post a Comment