Monday, May 19, 2014

everything is awesome!

I have never in my life seen as much Lego as I saw this past Sunday!  Holy doodle!
Welcome to Lego Kids Fest my friends!
Here in Calgary for only three days over the long weekend, we were lucky to score some tickets to an event that left us all in awe.  The creativity was astounding!  Over three hours we spent wandering exhibits, playing in building piles (and when I say piles, I mean piles of Lego beyond anything like I have ever seen!), building, building, and more building!  This was by far the coolest thing not only for the kids, but for Brent and I as well!



















The kids favourite movie this year...right up there with Frozen of course!
















Bree and Jenna checked out life size versions of their favourite Lego Movie characters, Wildstyle and Emmet!





















Aidan and Maelle took part in a Master Builders course, where they got to chat with one of the builders who actually worked on the Lego Movie!  Totally inspiring and he really tried to get the kids to think outside the box and build with no instructions!  No rules!














They even had a great "read and relax" area when a break from the crowds was needed.  Awesome idea!  The ladies spent a good deal of time checking out some new Lego books.


















The Duplo pile proved to be just as much fun as the real Lego!
















Maelle tracks down a mini version of Wildstyle.



I think we all left Lego Kids Fest with a different approach as to how we all play and build with Lego.  The message was clear - "anything is possible!" - and I couldn't agree more!

No comments: