Sunday, March 9, 2014

a taste of spring

Oh, I know....we are tempting spring today!  And yes....I know that we will get that ever elusive snowstorm just when we think we are out of this winter for good.  But....when you have had weeks on end of cold, cold temps, one must take full advantage when the temperatures soar to the mid-teens!  The mid-teens!  Call it spring fever, or call it what you will....we needed to get outside!  Hello Fish Creek Park!


















An afternoon spent exploring in the woods was just what we all needed.  And yes, Maelle may just be the only person to tromp knee deep through the snow....in a skirt.  Sigh.


















Checking out the partially frozen creek always brings enjoyment for everyone...


















except of course.....when one (Jenna) wanders a tad to close to the not so stable edge....














and a rescue is required.  Thus resulting in two people with soaked feet and pants.  Incase you don't remember, it was Jenna who fell into the creek last year as well.  Lesson learned?  I think not!














At any rate, it was a great afternoon and loads of fun.  I mean how much fun would it have been if we all came home with dry clothes and feet?  We got a good laugh at poor Jenna's expense of course, and we all laughed even harder when we arrived home to almost everyone in the mudroom, throwing their pants, socks, and mitts into the washer, and standing there in their undies in fits of giggles!  Never a dull moment here!

No comments: