Even Betty made the trip to Waterton....I took her on a spin along the lake one evening and sat and enjoyed the scenery with a hot chai tea! Perfection I say!
It was hot! Hot enough for a little dip in Upper Waterton Lake.
We happened on the Blackfoot Festival for a few days, and got to take in a pow-wow...the music was incredible!
A surrey ride down the main street...I followed along with Betty snapping photos as I rode! We were a sight that's for sure!
We hiked up Bear's Hump for a breathtaking view of Upper Waterton Lake and the townsite below.
This was Bree and Jenna's first time up this short but steep trail and they rocked it!
Jenna shared her snack with a new friend!
I seriously cannot keep these kids out of the water!
We celebrated Brent's birthday in Waterton, and one of his gifts was a moped rental to cruise around the area. The first stop, however, was the campsite to give a few eager kidlets a spin around the campground roadways. Grins and giggles is all I can say! The kids liked it too!
One of Brent's "finds" on his little road trip, was Waterton's Alpine Stables. A gem that is often overlooked in this area. Bree and Jenna went on a bit of a daddy date and did a little pony riding on the nearby trails. Can't wait until the kids are all old enough to embark on some horse back riding adventures!
We spent an entire week in Waterton enjoying the Blackfoot festival, hanging out and visiting with friends we met last year (who happened to be camping at the same time....awesome!), hiking, biking, exploring, and playing. A perfect way to finish off summer and rest and relax before another busy school year is underway.
Plans for next summer? Still in the works. Some possible new destinations? Maybe. We have lots of time to think about what is next on our list of camping destinations, but there is one thing I know for sure....it will be full of more adventures, new discoveries, and loads and loads of fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment