Monday, October 15, 2012

fall hiking

I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday than a fall hike!  Prairie Mountain was our destination, and although I have climbed this one several times in the past, I did forget how steep this climb actually is.  Egads!  But, these two little climbers amazed me once again, and did not seem bothered by the steep ascent to the top.  They thought it to be more of a game than actual work.  Phew!















We had an amazing lunch at the summit, albeit it was a quick one, as the temps were a wee bit chilly and wisps of raindrops kept us from lingering to long.  Seriously though, I could have spent the day up there, just.....sitting.

















I still get goosebumps whenever I hear the words "wow!" and "cool view!" from both of them, and no doubt my smile is huge.  But, yes, they still do there fair share of complaining, but hey, it's worth it if you ask me!  And when they talk about their adventure the entire way home, well......I'd say the hike was a success!

No comments: