Sunday, May 27, 2012

a garden to call her own

And here we have it!  A little project of sorts for Maelle.  Her very own plot of land.  Her own garden if you will, but not just any ordinary garden.  Given Maelle's imagination, a little girl who quite often lives in fairy land, a little girl who can always be found flitting about the house or the yard dressed up as a little princess....it seemed appropriate enough that this little space be none other than a...fairy garden.
Maelle and I carefully selected all of the plants for this little garden, flowering cone flowers that attract butterflies, pretty little plants that will eventually be full of pretty little flowers, and lots of ground cover.  Because apparently that's where the fairies like to play hide and seek.  Who knew?
The garden itself is in the very early stages of growth, planted today, and full of some very entertaining earth worms.  Hopefully we will see this garden at it's fullest, and I will be sure to post the updated pics when it happens.  And the fairies...well, I will post on that too...if we see one!

No comments: