Now, teaching twins how to skate is going to be quite the endeavour I think. It requires both Brent and I to be out on the ice at the same time to not only prevent a fall but to control the ladies giggles and make them focus. Focus? Yeah, right!
I have never taught any of the kids how to skate. I have always left it to the expert....dad. So, it was a learning curve for me today as well as to how to go about teaching kids to skate, and what steps are necessary first.
The girls both passed the first step with flying colours...just standing in skates, on ice. Overall, they did better than I would have thought. Jenna seems like a natural, while Bree, well she tends to be a little more how shall I say it...fleet footed! A little impatient with the "process" and I think she assumed she would be skating with a hockey stick shooting pucks with the older two. So not the case! At any rate the girls did great. They were totally comfortable on and with the ice, and that my friends is the most important thing. Phew!
After about an hour of skating (yes, they lasted that long) it was time for a little family curling. I think I may have two more curlers in my midst. Now, all four of them have shown a love for this sport!
It will be all about indoor activities this week friends, as we will finally get our winter! Highs are expected to be in the minus twenties and that's not including that lovely wind chill. I see lots of soups and chili's this week, and tea and hot chocolates to stay warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment