SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!!!
A rather appropriate word that can only begin to describe how much fun Aidan and I had in Ontario last week. We maximized our time with as much as we could cram into five short days, and boy, was it worth it!
To kick things off, we hit a Broadway show at Toronto's famous Princess of Wales theatre. We saw Mary Poppins (enter shriek here!) and I still have goosebumps! It was fabulous! Aidan was in awe!
Aidan found a new love...pool! With some careful instruction from Grandpa Werkman, he is now officially hooked. I do see a pool table in our midst one day!
We were lucky enough to join Grandpa Snider at the Brant Curling Club to watch a tournament featuring many top world curlers, including Alberta's own Kevin Martin!
New friendships were made at a family dinner, where we caught up with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. Thank you again to everyone for making the trip and spending time with Aidan and I!
We introduced Grandpa and Grandma Snider to the art of Geocaching.
We played glow-in-the-dark mini golf at a local "putt-putt"!
We spent all day Monday at the Ontario Science Centre, where we built dams, played with a HUGE marble run, conducted experiments, tested our knowledge, and constructed everything from ball tracks to houses.
Phew! And those were just some of the things we did! Crazy!
After the Science Centre, it was back on the plane to head home. We have been slowly getting back into routine here after a fantastic trip. Aidan is still talking all about it, both here at home, and at school. So much so, that his music teacher has had the class singing a few show tunes from Mary Poppins! How awesome is that?
A huge thank you to everyone who made this trip so enjoyable and so very memorable for Aidan and I. Your thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment