Friday, June 10, 2011

kayben farms

I think I have farms on the brain as of late.  Two farms in the span of one week....come on!  Not that I am complaining of course.  If I can visit two farms in a week then so be it.  I should be thankful that I am that lucky!
Today's farm of choice....a great place for kids, Kayben Farms.  Not only do they have a really fun play park, but they also offer a fantastic cafe, and lots of U-Pick fruits and veggies.  I have my fingers crossed that we will be able to take full advantage of picking our own produce this year.  We may miss the berries due to camping, but hopefully we'll be back in time for the veggies.  The best part is, this farm is only 15 minutes from our house!  Yay!  Check out this fun map of the farm.  Totally inspiring.  If I had a farm...I would draw a map just like this one!


Aidan and Maelle took a spin on the pedal car track.  I felt bad for Bree and Jenna.  There little legs could barely touch the pedals so Brent and I had to push them while they hung on.  That was a work out on a very warm day.
Maelle had a go on the potatoe sack slide.   

A short dodge-the-mosquitoes-hike through a very soggy and muddy forest trail led the way to a small area of friendly  farm friends. A couple of horses, a cow, a few goats, some chickens, ducks, and cute bunnies. 

A great little area where the kids can race ducks and boats down gutters with a pump and a tub of water.  Awesome.  We spent a lot of time here.

And then to end our little adventure at the farm, some home made local sorbet outside on the shaded patio.  Chocolate and strawberry.  This stuff was oh so good.  It would be worth the trip back just for this!

















So with six pairs of muddy feet, four kids covered in sorbet, dirt, sand, and a few mosquito bites, and one mama who accidentally landed in a deep mud puddle with one foot while trying to safely help Bree and Jenna across, I can definitely say I would do it all over again.  Farms are messy places my friends.  And we loved every minute.  Until next time.

No comments: