Thursday, April 7, 2011

who knew?

So....I was reading a few weeks back about how to make your own microwave popcorn.  Oh, yes...it's true!  You can do it.  I didn't realize how bad microwave popcorn could be...mostly in the packaging and the use of flavouring agents.  I did not know that.  Anyways....given that Canada was playing Norway tonight in curling - Aidan is addicted to the sport - I thought a little popcorn would make a lovely munchie/treat, and why not try out my new recipe?















And there you have it!  My own, homemade, microwave popcorn. 
The recipe is super easy too:
1/4 cup popcorn kernels
1 small brown paper bag (lunch bag)
*optional seasonings - the sky is the limit here!

Basically put the kernels in the bag, fold it over 2 or 3 times, cook on high for about 1 1/2 minutes or until there are about 2 seconds between pops.  Season with your fave and enjoy!
See!  Super easy! 
I must admit I had visions of the bag exploding in the microwave or the popcorn burning, or a combination of the two, but as you can see it all went according to plan.  Phew!  And it was good!  Now, I didn't add any seasonings mainly because it was for the kids and I have grown accustomed to plain popcorn, but you could have a field day with toppings!  I am anxious to try the cinnamon sugar popcorn for our next movie night.  How good does that sound?

No comments: