Friday, January 7, 2011

the bobsled run

Did you know, that we have a bit of a bobsled run in our backyard? Yep....you heard right. Brent has been very busy turning what started off as a simple slide down a large mound of snow into our very own run. The kids have tested out various sleds and have found that the cheap, inflatable Lightning McQueen summer boogie board tends to get the most speed and can handle the turns of the run at the utmost precision. We have already done one patch repair job on it and at the end of this summer I will be picking up several more to use on next winter's run.
So, in order to honour Brent's hard work, I have posted a short video clip of Aidan having a turn to slide. Plans are already in the works for next year's run and how it will be bigger and better than this one....

See! Looks like fun huh? I have yet to give it a try, but plan on doing so the next time I head out with the kids!

Ah, yes.....sledding and skating, all right here in our very own backyard. What's next I wonder?

No comments: