Yes....there are days when I wonder why it is that Aidan and Maelle just can't seem to get along. Why do they always fight over the same toy when neither one had any interest in it other than just to make the other mad? Why when there are 20 trains both of them need the exact same one at the exact same time? Why they can blame each other for little pokes or "accidental" bumps that occur when walking by one another at close range? Is this what brothers and sisters just do naturally?
Aside from all of the why's, and who dun nit's, there are moments that just make me stop and smile. Smile because I know that these are my kids and although no day is ever perfect they are the best things in this world and are the only ones that can make my day go from bad to fantastic in a split second. I caught some of these split second moments over the last few days and I thought I would share them.
So if there is one thing that I have learned over the last few days it is no matter how much you think the kids aren't listening, no matter how many wars you break up in a day, and no matter how many tears are shed over that single toy...the love they share between each other is a bond that is so strong it will never be broken. And even though I don't see it every day, I realize that I should be thankful that these kids do play together and can help each other out. That has to be one of the most rewarding things about being a mom and for that I am very thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment