Thursday, January 15, 2009

quiet

Yes we are still here! I just realized today that it has been a week since I have chatted with y'all! My sincere apologies. Where does that time go? Not much has been going on around here. I spend my days trying to catch up to Aidan and Maelle (no easy feat these days!) and clean up their path of destruction. Being pregnant with twins (although exciting) definitely has taken it's effect these last few weeks! But...I have implemented a mandatory nap / rest time at least for the kids, (yes I do try my best to nap whenI can too) which does allow a little relax time for me as well! I have learned to get the kids to play games and read with me so as to eliminate any unnecessary running around. Smart me! However...some days I do think that they are on to me and my strategizing and they refuse to sit still even for just a few minutes! Kids! Sheesh! Today was an exception, at least for 20 minutes. Aidan and Maelle sat quietly (their version of quiet anyway) in the front window reading while I sat and enjoyed a much needed hot chocolate.

These poor kids will need to inform their new sisters that mommy is a tad crazy and likes to sneak up on people and take pictures. Although, given my growing belly I am not nearly as stealthy as I once was! Call it kind of misjudging my clearances if you will!

No comments: